A Primer on Cellulaze™
A Primer on Cellulaze™ from our Los Angeles and Torrance Area Plastic Surgeon
Cellulite is a common skin issue that many find frustrating and difficult to improve. However, our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Christine Petti, offers a state-of-the-art treatment known as Cellulaze™ that is designed to help patients improve the appearance of their skin through minimally-invasive laser technology. Here is some basic information on Cellulaze™ and how this treatment, in addition to a healthy diet and regular exercise, can help target multiple areas of cellulite with fantastic results.
Some Basics About Cellulaze™
- After extensive medical research, Cellulaze™ has recently been approved by the FDA.
- Performed on a variety of ages, Cellulaze™ is the only one-time skin treatment designed to target the anatomy of cellulite, new or old. A fiberoptic laser technique is used to send energy below the skin to reduce tension in bands that cause dimples, as well as thicken the skin through collagen production to reduce the chance of developing future cellulite.
- Patients can choose a variety of body areas to be treated, including the thighs, buttocks, arms, and abdomen. Cellulaze™ can be performed under local anesthesia as a single stage procedure, most commonly on the back or front of the thighs and/or buttocks. Cellulaze™ procedures can be staged if a patient has multiple areas of cellulite.
- Results of Cellulaze™ treatments have been shown to last a year or even longer. Skin thickness and skin elasticity improves one year post treatment. Treatments may be augmented by eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly, along with wearing tight fitting clothing after the treatment to help support and smooth the recovering skin.
- Bruising and swelling can be expected for about a week, although results may differ depending on each patient’s unique needs.
- Dr. Petti is one of five clinical investigators of the original FDA study on Cellulaze™, a study that treated and followed cellulite patients for one year following Cellulaze™ treatment. Dr. Petti is an expert on Cellulaze™ treatments and teaches other surgeons this unique and specialized laser technique for the treatment of cellulite.
To learn more about Cellulaze™ or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Petti, please contact Aesthetic Accents and Laser Surgery Center.